Monday, April 14, 2008

take me there...

Man, I love Rascal Flatts right now. Every time I listen to it, it just sort of floods me with emotions. It makes me miss Houghton and my friends. It makes me sing. It makes me happy. It's amazing how listening to one simple song can do that. I am definitely glad with this cd purchase!

So, I'm not so sure where to go from here. I'm a nursing student, yay! But my passion is in writing. I can't get enough of it. I don't know what to do, really. Or where to go to school. Currently enrolled in LSSU, but I really miss my friends. I'm debating going to school with them. Maybe not for another year, but I do miss the area more than anything right now. I just wish I had an easy button for this situation - family, or friends? Hometown, or new town? It's hard. Part of my heart belongs to my family, but the other part to friends. I'm being torn in two. Yes, making new friends would be easy. But are they the same friends I stayed up with on numerous school nights? Are they the friends I had silly arguements with? Are they the one's I'm completely comfortable with? No. Those friends, my true friends, are in Houghton. Nobody can replace them, just like nobody can replace my family. I don't know what to do.

I just wish someone would take me there - to where I need to be. Where I belong. I want to be taken to that place that I'll call home for the rest of my life. Where work and raise a family. Where my friends will always be there. I'm waiting. :)

2 comments:

Emily Dorchak said...

awww. u poor thing. dont u hae any frieds at ur school? ='( im there 4 ya. *hug hug hug* is that u in the pic? ur pretty. =3

kirsten marie said...

Yeah, that's me! Self photography down at the beach last summer..

I have friends here, but they aren't the friends I grew up with, you know? My family moved here after my dad passed away, so I left all of the friends I grew up with and went to school with. I just miss them, and cant decide between whether i want to be here with family or back there with friends.. but yeah, I have friends, it's just not the same level of closeness :)