Monday, April 14, 2008

Alone on Christmas

I feel you here, as the snow flies by
The fire crackles and songs of Christmas fill my mind
I hear songs of love, songs of joy,
A song my heart once sang.
The same song you taught me.

The night goes on, the stars are lost
The music seems to echo in this empty house
The walls, once vivid and bright,
now seem as dull as the snow.
Why did you have to leave?

The twinkle of the Christmas lights taunts me.
The glittering reminds me of you, your eyes.
So in love, so happy, so warm.
What did I do? What did I say?
It doesn't feel like Christmas anymore.

The fire is fading, the lights unplugged
Your pillow is cold, your hat no longer hanging
The music has stopped, leaving me alone
Christmas joy, Christmas cheer, Christmas sorrow this year.
It's just not Christmas without you here.

No comments: