Saturday, June 7, 2008

Ellsworth

Well, I decided to try a new thing. Name my blog posts after whatever song is currently playing on my iPod! Today "Ellsworth" by Rascall Flatts is playing. It's bringing back a whole lot of memories, of my hometown and my friends. Grandma Elsie (Krystal's Grandma, but she's always treated me like family) used to insist that my last name was Ellsworth. This song is fitting not only in that way, but the song is about the past, and how sometimes when you forget the little things, the larger things in your past are too vivd to forget. I will never forget my life in that town, my friends, my second family, or the times I spent there. No matter where life leads me, I WILL remember that place if it's the last thing I do. If I don't end up living there, it will for sure be a popular vacation spot for my family.

Work has been a lot of fun lately. On my second day, my boss asked me to come in the next day at 5am, completely changing my shift. Actually, inventing a new shift. I felt special! Nobody else is there (except for the night crew, but they're not around really) and I can just work by myself, quietly, and listen to the music. It gives me a lot of time to just get ready for the rest of the day. By 6, my coworker Steve usually joins me. Yesterday and today he had the day off, though, so I worked by myself for the first time! It was quite scary, and I know I didn't get everything done that I should have. I feel bad, but since I wasn't sure about it, I wanted to wait until he was back to ask him. I did make a lot of baked goods, though!

I took my pup to be neutered earlier this week. It took about 6 months to get an appointment! I called in January to make the appointment. The vet I took him to is REALLY good with animals, and Jack loves it there. It's also very popular and very busy, which is why it took so long to get an appointment. I take Jack there for everything. He's had all of his shots there, his blood screenings, tests, everything. They're really nice. He wasn't healing right after his surgery, so I took him back and they gave him a head cone (so he couldn't lick himself) and an ointment, and I had forgotten my money (I was rushing during my lunch break at work) so they didn't charge me! They're so sweet there.

I get paid Friday! Once I get all of my bills paid (student loans, car insurance, things like that) I'm going to buy some crafty things. I used to make cards and things like that, but I haven't in a while. I found a cute little art shop that I want to buy somethings from.


I met a boy at work! Not in a boyfriend way. Just a boy. He's really nice, and makes work a lot of fun. Most of the people there are really nice, just old. He isn't old, but is still older than me. I'm like a baby! There are people that are younger than me, but quite a bit younger. Like, young enough to be barely old enough to work. I sound old! I'm going to be 20 this year, sheesh!

Anyway, just a quick update about what's going on lately. Have fun, all!

3 comments:

Emily Dorchak said...

ipod! yay!good job on woring on your own! i am accelling fast too! PUPPYYY!! dont boys at work make things so muhc mroe fun? haha. im barely old enouhg to work, haha. well, actualy, the limit is 14 here. but my 13 year old friend has a dishwashing job. i'd LOVE one of ur cakies!! yumyum! read blog for updates and stuff! i have a kiler idea. go me.! thanks for ur interest in my wormies, lol. i hope u can get one! :3 lots of love!

krissy.lue said...

Kirsten ellsworth...what a name. gotta love my gramma..hehe

Emily Dorchak said...

TAG