Saturday, October 18, 2008

.he's there.

I had someone ask me today what I was looking for, in a future relationship. I thought about it for a while, and really couldn't answer honestly on the spot. But, after thinking for a while - this is what I came up with..

In a man, I'm looking for someone I can be myself with. I'm looking for someone who can be themselves around me. Someone who isn't full of themselves, but takes pride in what they do. Someone who believes in similar, if not the same, things I do. Someone who knows how to listen, but can also understand that sometimes I take some time to think of words to say. I'm looking for that guy that can understand my family, that I'm a part of them and they're a part of me, even if we have sometimes very, very different beliefs and priorities. I'm looking for someone who puts others before himself, the way I try to. I'm looking for someone who understands that while life may seem sour here at times, there are people elsewhere going through far, far worse.

I'm confident that this guy is out there.

No comments: